Monday, September 21, 2009

I heart the Dollar Store

Over the weekend I found a few goodies for Halloween at the Dollar Store. I like some of them so much, I think a 2nd trip is in order.

Like for these glittertastic skulls. For only a buck each I feel like I NEED more than 2. The Mr. would disagree about my NEED, but then I would explain to him again about how my compulsions work. Bless his heart for putting up with me ;) The crazy thing is that Michael's is selling a Martha Stewart glitter skull kit for a lot more than it costs to buy them pre-made at the Dollar Store.

Delightful. My other favorite is this cute sign, they had a few different designs but I liked this one the most. Aside from the slightly cheesy 3 pumpkins at the bottom, this is adorable! For only a dollar! I think I might snap up the other 2 designs just to round out the collection.My favorite thing about this sign is that I can flip it around and paint it with chalkboard paint so I can use it all year. Dual purpose for a dollar, fabulous!
My final find is a cute ceramic pumpkin. I initially bought it with the intention of spray painting it white, but I am not sure now. The plain pumpkin-ness of it is kinda growing on me. What do you think?

The last thing I grabbed at the Dollar Store isn't for Halloween, but I wanted to share it because I loooooove it! They are these awesome little mesh bags that you keep in the car (or wherever is handy).They are pretty neat! They come in a pack of 4, so they break down to 25 cents each. They do expand, they have a drawstring, and to give you an idea of their capacity here is a shot of my kiddo's bananas hanging out in the bag.
I am currently using them to wrangle Little People and miscellaneous toys that end up in the car from Boo's latest obsession of carrying something in each hand at all times. We frequently leave the house with him holding 2 items, and then he drops them for 2 new items, leaving the previous 2 abandoned and inevitably rolling around the floor of the minivan. I can see using these for garbage in the car (dry of course), crayons, produce from the grocery store, wet bathing suits, dirty shoes, the possibilities are endless. All for a quarter each so if they get ripped, dirty, or ruined in general you won't lament their passing.

I have a project I am working on with Huggies boxes that I am hoping to have finished by the end of the weekend to share. I am very, very excited about it, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out the way I want it to in my head.

Have a fantastic week!
Cheers,
Erin

4 comments:

  1. I too love the dollar store and can easily go crazy in there! Looks like you found some nice finds :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the dollar store great?? I love it! Those signs are cute and I love your idea to use the other side for a chalk board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dollar store too...but yours has better stuff than ours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do have a particularly good dollar store. It is also the single busiest store in our entire mall. No joke!

    ReplyDelete