Sunday, October 11, 2009

Any tips, please?


So I need your help. I went to a garage sale yesterday and picked up 4 wooden counter stools like the one above. I was soooooo excited. I have been looking for stools for our counter forever, and these were only 4 for $20. Amazing!

They are in great shape, scuffed and worn, but nice and sturdy. I had these lovely plans for some black paint and chair pads. I imagined us sitting at the counter with our coffee and Sunday paper on our delightfully re-done stools while the Doodle ran around the house finding rug pads to chew on.

Until, I cleaned them up, put them at the counter and realized:

They are too short, by about 5 or 6 inches. Yep, this is what happens when you are not even 5 feet tall and you try to estimate heights. Clearly, I need bar stool height.

So my question is, what do I do? Do I try to jack them up with some lifts? (Safety is my issue) And a thick chair pad? Or do I put them on Craig's List and get rid of them and start my search over again? Please help, I have no clue what to do...

Also, my 6 Tasks in 6 Days are not going so well. We attempted to hang my garage sale shelves, but all we ended up with was a fight and some holes in the wall. The hubs is ordinarily one of the single most kind, mild mannered, generous, sweet men on the face of the planet. Until.We.Hang.Stuff.On.The.Wall. Honestly, trying to hang a sign, picture frame, shelves, curtain rods, you name it, it brings out The Hulk in the hubs. And it's not like it is after a long, grueling attempt either. We're talking from Handsome and Sweet to Hulk in about 23 seconds. Don't ask me what it is, because I couldn't tell you, but I think 52% of the worst fights we have had were as a result of trying to hang something. We're having a hard time sliding the bracket onto the screw, and both our patience levels were shot, so we called it quits yesterday. I gave the hubs football tickets for his birthday, and drove he and my brother-in-law to the game so they could drink as much as they wanted. He will be nursing a hangover today, so no shelves up today for sure. We'll try again, but I am not confident it will happen in the next few days. Sigh. (and for those wondering why I don't just do it myself, it's because I am so darn short! we need a taller ladder)

Don't forget about my stools, please help me decide what to do. Any tips would certainly be appreciated!

Have a fabulous day!
Cheers,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. These are fundamentally brief phrase loans that do
    present you meet your fiscal concerns within a preferred particular time period.
    Considering time limitations these loans
    are specifically designed above an obligation cost-free platform.
    As such, these are kept entirely free of charge from credential
    checksums. Matters such as defaults, arrears, bankruptcy, CCJs
    and even IVAs are not deemed right here. Additional, there are also
    no collaterals associated with these loans. There is minimal paper perform
    expected on the part of borrower. There are also no hidden or added documentation
    or faxing needed here. Applying for these loans is also exceptionally hassle-free.
    Folks only call for filling an via the internet form and when this gets
    approved money is received inside 24 hours time frame.
    These loans are normally provided beneath convenient terms and conditions.
    The general standard applicant criteria here is that they
    will need to be a UK resident and of 18 years of age.
    Feel free to surf my webpage ; enter here

    ReplyDelete